Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tacos Tacos Tacos

Right so were now in Canada.  We have been here for about 3 or 4 days.  We are in the beautiful city of Vancouver.  We flew from Mexico City where I managed to pick up a stomach bug just before I left.  I did find it particularly awesome that I spent 2 months in Central America avoiding stomach bugs then on the day I have to travel I get one.  Although I did get a stomach bug in Mexico City I would not let it put me off the food there as you can go to these wicked little Taco bars, they are almost like little kebab shops but sell Tacos.  You have a variety of different beef, pork or chicken ones and they are awesome.  They cost about 70p each and the beer is about 90p a bottle as well.  They also have loads of different salsa’s and chillies and homemade sauces that you can put on your tacos.  I think we had Tacos every day for about 3 days.  I was happy.  If your going to stay in Mexico city I would recommend staying at the Hostel Catedral (Cathedral) right in the centre of town.  If your walk out of the Hostel and walk down Tacuba Street for about 5 mins or two blocks you will see this little kebab shop/Taco place on the corner.  Go here and eat Tacos they are awesome.  I am certain it was not this place that made me ill.  There is one type of Taco called Suerado (Spelling might not be quite right) and it is pretty much sliced bits of fatty beef with chopped onion and coriander on top.  Soooo good.

By Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment